Christmas totally snuck up on us. and I just can't believe its already 2012! With me studying for finals right up to Dec. 16th. Our christmassy home was pretty low key this year. We did get to cut down our own tree tho! and that was my very favorite part to get me into the Christmas Spirit.
We got to spend Christmas down in Welling with my family and then New Years in Edmonton at the Payne's Lake House. It was so much fun because if was our very first christmas together! I loved his reaction for all the gifts I got him.
And my favorite present was this....
![]() |
| Brandley surprised me with this little beauty! Great for the Primary pianist (my calling) |
New Years was a blast! It was so fun that we got to have Christmas morning all over again on Dec. 30 with the Paynes. We even got to play in the snow and on the ice one day! Rare for this year at least.
Some other fun presents were 2 new babies into our families, my sister is prego and so is my sister in law. I'm so excited for them both! and can't wait till this summer for some new nieces or nephews!
After New Years I head right out to Fairmont Hot Springs, BC with my family. Brandley couldn't come with because of basketball practice and games. But it was still a blast never the less. My family and I love Fairmont. We have been coming here one week a year since before I can even remember. I got to spend some time with my sisters and get to know them all better. It was so nice not to have to rush everything we talk about in only a weekend (when we usually see each other) but we got a whole week of that. It was lots of fun with all the kiddies too and to show they all the haunts of our childhood in Fairmont. We did A LOT of swimming, a little bit of skiing and plenty of Games! I even planned a fun family Minute to Win it. It went really well and we had a lot of fun laughing at the ridiculous things some had to do in only 60 secs.
But I finally had to get back to Edmonton and back to reality. I have only one week until I start work. We are house sitting for Brandley's uncle and it has be pretty fun to not be stuck in our basement. Plus having TV has been AWESOME! I don't think I have ever watched so much TLC in my life! but I love it. The holidays have been very good to us. I am excited and nervous to start work. I don't know if I will remember how to do it though with a whole month off. Hopefully it comes back cuz I gotta get right back into studying for my National boards in February!
MERRY belated CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Um, please take that picture down of my weirdo looking face! There's gotta be a better one of us. haha. I loved being in Fairmont with you for a whole week....it was nice to get to know each other better. haha. You're awesome!
ReplyDeleteWe had fun at christmas too. Wish we could stay there longer and hangout! As for work you'll remember how to do it! I think everyone has that fear when they start a new job! After a couple weeks you'll feel comfortable! Miss you lots! You're always welcome to come down for a vacation!
ReplyDeleteyou are so cute!
ReplyDelete