Sunday, 22 January 2012

CELEBRATION

So I started my new job this week. So far its been pretty great! I almost feel like its the job that was made for me: A short drive (15 mins), great hours 8-4:30, Nice New Clean building, and great people to work with and for! I work at Medical Imaging Consultants (MIC) as an ultrasound tech. I always knew I was made for clinic work. Hospitals just had weird, dirty and very stinky people. Things I just COULD NOT handle very well (I don't know how all you nurses do it). I get to do a ton of baby ultrasounds too and I'm starting to love that way more than I did as a student. Probably cuz I'm more confident and the mom's trust me way more than just a student. But being surrounded by all these babies! haha I gotta say it gives me big baby fever...hahaha. One day!


Cute little Ultrasound tech eh?

Along with my new job, I am a new age too. I am officially 21!! I've been so excited for this birthday cuz it means I'm finally starting to get older (as odd as that sounds). I just hate how everyone treats me so little, I guess it doesn't really help with my little girly voice tho. But now I can prove to everyone that I am 21! haha. I had a great day which started with a dozen roses from the hubby! and he also spoiled me with a promise of a shopping spree...WOOHOO!! I had to work on my birthday but the day went by fast and I even brought in a skor cake to keep the celebration going. After work, we met all the Paynes and Mik and Maren for a little dinner at iHop!! hahaha I just love breakfast ok. and Yes, I had waffles! DELISH!

Afterward we got all bundled up for the -25 degrees and headed over the the Ice on Whyte ice festival. It was really fun to see all the amazing ice sculptures that people all over the world had made. We even got to race down the huge slide of ice! It was overall a super fun night but it just got way to cold for us. We headed back to the inlaws for some cake and movie.








My weekend just continued with the celebration. I got to sleep in on saturday! sooo nice after a long week of work and waking up at 6:30am. We cleaned up around the house (its finally starting to feel organized after our time away for christmas etc. Then we headed to WEST ED! I love my mall. I just always find great deals and the cutest things to buy there. It never fails! haha probably a reason I'm not allowed to go very often. I got some really cute finds! and Bran was the best sport thru the whole afternoon. My favorite thing is probably my new winter coat. plus it was on sale with all the winter stuff on sale. I can't believe they are already selling summer stuff! I was amazed at all the swimsuits around. haha. We ate at the mall on Bourbon Street to finish off the spree. It was just a great day! I love birthdays so much! and I'm so thankful for my cute little family making it such a blast!

I LOVE my coat!

3 comments:

  1. I would just like to point out that you were missing some very important Paynes aka ( Josh and I) at your birthday celebration!! haha jk. But we are sad we couldn't be there to celebrate! Looks like you had a lot of fun! That jacket is super cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you...again!!! I wish I could have partied with you and gone to Ice on Wyte. What a cool idea! Love all the finds and the shopping spree...makes any girl feel special! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check it out! No more navy blue! Cute stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...